Monday, 6 June 2016

Bermudaful Bermuda

So, after much deliberation,
we thought, "Hang the expense" and booked a week in Bermuda.
    And oh my, it was worth every penny.
 View from our hotel. 
 On the ferry from St.George's to Dockyard.
We're like two peas in a pod.  
 
  Self-explanatory.
Bermuda is beautiful and there's no denying it, I fell in love.
Sure, it's a long way to go for 6 nights,
and yes, it's expensive.
But the reality is, we had a fabulous time.
There were times I felt what could only be described as happy
and I knew that Mum would approve.  
That's not to say that I didn't feel sad.
I did.
Right when I realised that I couldn't send Mum a postcard.
Right when I marked my first birthday without her.
Right when I heard The Boy Child remark that, "Granny would love this."
But I did it.  We did it.
We ventured to somewhere new and made a thousand or more memories.
We did it without her, but we did it without forgetting her.  
  


6 comments:

Sian said...

It certainly looks like a very special place. And if it really is the heaven on earth people say it is, well then I think we can be pretty certain she knows what a little of that sunshine feels like :)

debs14 said...

I think you well and truly deserved a special place in which to spend your birthday and I know that she would have been happy knowing that you were having such a wonderful time. I'm pleased it weaved its magic and gave you time in which to remember what being happy feels like.

Patio Postcards said...

Beautiful blue skies & Bermuda with all its lovely pink, yellows, greens & blue houses, a lovely place to start with some new memories.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

All future trips will be bittersweet without your mom, Ruth. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true. I thought of my own mom SO much while I was in Mexico, and she's been gone for over three years now. I know your mom would have been so pleased to see you all having such a lovely vacation. You clearly needed it! I loved following along with your Instagram feed. Welcome home! xo

Alison said...

So glad you had such a good time...Deb is right- at the back of your mind you'll always be thinking how much your mum would have loved either the experience or you telling her about it! Xx

Susanne said...

Oh I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. It is a lovely place to be reminded of loved ones you are missing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...