Thursday, 20 October 2016

Bedroom Upgrade

The Boy Child's bedroom was last decorated in May 2014
and I had hoped it would last more than 2.5 years.
However, The Boy Child is hard on his surroundings; 
cracks in the wall needed to be addressed, underfloor soundproofing needed to be fitted
and his bed was in dire need of a new mattress.
I decided to start from scratch once the walls and floor had been attended to.
Fresh paint on the walls.
{paint is Pale Powder from Farrow & Ball}
New carpet, curtains and blind.
{two doorstops; one to protect the wall from the door handle
 banging against it and one to hold the door open}
New bedroom furniture.
New narrow shelves.
 {to avoid hammering tons of nails into the walls for photos and the like}
I love the finished room so much, I keep going in there just to admire it.  
And take my shoes off before I go in.
{The blind is still to arrive}  

3 comments:

Ali said...

It looks lovely - very future proof for a growing boy!

Patio Postcards said...

Oh I do like to see others handiwork in redecorating. What a wonderful change!

alexa said...

Oh my, what a lucky young man :). You've made a lovely job of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...