Monday, 7 November 2016

Memorandum Monday

Monday has rolled around again, and that means it's time to
join in with the lovely Sian and
 share something that I've learnt over the weekend.
***
Tree plantings are emotional things.
That's not something I'd ever considered before.
I mean, you never see HM The Queen looking misty-eyed 
as she plants her gazillionth tree.
The tree in question was planted at the Royal Hospital Chelsea
in memory of our much-loved and much-missed Grandad Paddy.
***
You can see what Sian discovered over the weekend here

  

4 comments:

helena said...

yes I can imagine that would be very emotional - lovely that he has a tree there. Have a good week

Patio Postcards said...

What a kind idea to plant a tree & such a way for that person, who's honour you plant in, to live on. Oh yes, it wold be a teary time for me as well.

debs14 said...

If the Queen ever needs a trusty assistant with tree planting duties, I think TBC could be the perfect man for the job! What a lovely memorial to Paddy, I can imagine that it was an emotional time for you.

Sian said...

What a lovely thing to do. I bet he'd be so proud of that grandson standing up there, doing his bit (and I think the bright red hat is a nice touch, like a wave to the tunic)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...