Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Snap #37 | New York City's Streets

Helena has a new photographic theme for 2016:
Snap, a visually linked group of 2 to 4 images.
***
New York City isn't all glass and chrome.
A few steps off an avenue will bring you to the city that moviegoers
 around the globe will recognise instantly. 
 The Upper East Side (around the high 70s) is full 
of elegant apartment blocks and townhouses.
A fair few had gone in for seasonal decor.
 Some streets (those around E18th St.) wouldn't look out of place
in London ... rows of neat terraces and window boxes.
***
    You can see more Snap images here.

8 comments:

helena said...

those fire escapes immediately say New York to me - West Side Story in particular - love all the architectural detail and differences

Karen said...

I love photographs that capture the essence of a place.

Patio Postcards said...

Lovely SNAP collection. Sometimes just moving a few blocks from any city centre will reveal the true heart of any city.

Maggie said...

Yes I was struck by the variety of street when I went to New York. Is that a gangster I can see running down one of those steps?!

Sian said...

Wonderful! The closest I've come to actually seeing anything like that is at Universal Studios!

alexa said...

Splendid architecture, very nicely captured. I've never been, but I'd enjoy wandering off the beaten track. I like your young man in the city pumpkin patch - something to emulate next year?

marshaleith said...

great city views...I love the fire escapes!

bettyl-NZ said...

Such lovely urban shots! I don't care to live in the city but it certainly has a lot of great things to see. The pumpkins are a great shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...