Thursday, 3 November 2016

The 'Before' before the 'After'

Earlier this year, I said to no one in particular that I planned 
to overhaul my office/craft space.  I wanted, really wanted, a WorkBox ...
until realisation, and not to mention price, hit home.
WorkBoxes are not designed for British houses.
They are enormous and my space is roughly 2.7m by 2.7m.
So, back to the drawing board and start from scratch.
Luckily, I am able to pass on my desks and bookcases to a friend 
who is about to move into a new flat.
Redecoration starts next week and I already have a new carpet, curtains, blind,
 desk, set of 6 drawers and a corner bookshelf on order.
Melissa recently overhauled her craft room and I was so envious.
But then she lives in Texas, where houses are much bigger than those in suburban West London.
So I will contain my envy and be content knowing that I am able to have a space
to call my own and one that will no longer, hopefully, be cluttered and unwelcoming.    

4 comments:

Sian said...

Yes: I've always fancied one of those too but I think it would cost too much to get one over here even if I could find room for it (I hadn't even looked at the dimensions!) How exciting though! You'll be able to do a "studio tour" when you're finished.

Patio Postcards said...

WOW what a project & I also look forward to the studio tour when everything is done. I long to have a room to call my own to turn into a scrapping reading room.

Ladkyis said...

conquering that house one room at a time, good on you! I have a date of delivery for my kitchen - whoop! whoop! it's all go eh?

debs14 said...

If only there were an English house sized version of that, I think they'd make a fortune!
Looking forward to seeing the room as it transforms - I wonder what the first project will be that you do in the new space?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...