Wednesday, 5 April 2017

The Harry Potter Studio Tour | Part 2

The Boy Child wasn't the only one who enjoyed our visit.
The sets were magnificent!
~ the Great Hall ~
~ Potions Classroom ~
~ Professor Umbrage's office ~
~ scale model of Hogwarts castle ~
The attention to detail is astonishing and the set designers
must have put in thousands of man hours getting the sets just so.
Those guys are worth so much more than a name check at the end of a film
when no-one is really paying attention.
Also, I think it's going to be great fun the next time we see one of the films,
to shout out, "we've been there!"
(The Boy Child has seen the first four films; 1-3 are rated PG. Four is rated 12 (as are 5-8), 
so there was a lot of humming and haaring before we decided to let him see it.)  

7 comments:

Ladkyis said...

I bet you had to watch all of them carefully - and several times eh? I always check out what Miss Boo is watching, just in case.
Sometimes it is better to have to wait for things although I don't know how to wait for things so why I am recommending torturing your son in this way I don't know ... yes I do. Sometimes it's the only enjoyment an adult can get, torturing small children LOL

For anyone who doesn't know me this is my idea of a joke.

Lynn said...

We are massive potter fans in our house and i have visted the studios twice and am set to go again in September. As you say the attention to deatail is staggering and very rarely appreciated. It makes me love everything to do with potter world so much more.

Lynn said...

We are massive potter fans in our house and i have visted the studios twice and am set to go again in September. As you say the attention to deatail is staggering and very rarely appreciated. It makes me love everything to do with potter world so much more.

Sian said...

This is definitely going on my bucket list! It looks like there is something new and interesting round every corner. Umbrage's outfits look creepy even from this distance.

Patio Postcards said...

OH I am so envious of your visit. The movies 1-3 are much lighter than the rest, as Harry gets angrier the movies get darker. I am not a fan of the last 3 HP movies (like the books) but I do not like David Yates' directing. I know I stand mostly alone on this.

Ali said...

Oh I really want to visit x

Linda said...

This was already on my list of places to go and see - even more so after seeing your fabulous photos! Thank you for sharing, glad to read you all had a good time there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...